Enlisting the assistance of a lawyer is a serious process and one you want to get right if you are facing a legal situation of any severity or complexity. At Tarantino Law, PLLC, we encourage you to look for an attorney who possesses these important traits to ensure the success of your case:
1. Creativity—A good lawyer will use creativity to effectively solve problems. To provide the best solution to any legal challenge, your lawyer should exhibit out-of-the-box thinking.
2. Perseverance—When dealing with any case, challenge after challenge may develop. Your lawyer should have the perseverance and tenacity to continually develop solutions and provide options.
3. Communication skills—You want to make sure your case is headed in the right direction, and you want this affirmation from your lawyer regularly. Whether by phone, text, or email, ensure your lawyer is willing to communicate with you.
4. Good judgement—Not every situation is black and white, so you will need to be able to confidently trust your lawyer’s judgement as they advise you about your case.
5. Research abilities—Preparing the right legal strategy requires diligent and comprehensive research on your lawyer’s end. Ask them what they do to prepare cases before making a final hiring decision.
6. Analytical abilities—Any case requires analyzing large quantities of information within a short period of time, and your lawyer should be able to do this well.
7. Empathy—Much like you want a doctor with a good bedside manner, you want to work with a lawyer who will empathize with you as you navigate your case.